Purpose

The reason for this blog

Many times this summer as I've traveled down the path of my Achilles journey, I've taken to the internet to find firsthand accounts...

Monday, August 7, 2017

Day 85: Last wedge & rounding a corner

I had read horror stories online.  Taking out the last wedge and transitioning to flat was reportedly the worst transition yet. I was pretty nervous but at the same time excited because walking had become a billboard on the side of the highway not too far ahead instead of a speck on the horizon.

So I removed that last wedge, and you know what? For me, it was the easiest removal yet.  I used the crutches one time and then ditched them again.

Later in the week, I would explain that looking back, I realized that Monday I turned some sort of corner where I got A LOT of my life back. The recliner became somewhere I rested instead of the place where I lived.  It was a momentous day!

Bye bye wedges!

No comments:

Post a Comment