Purpose

The reason for this blog

Many times this summer as I've traveled down the path of my Achilles journey, I've taken to the internet to find firsthand accounts...

Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Day 219: Healed

I had my checkup with Dr. Fischer today.  We discussed the fact that I'm really feeling pretty much healed.  I can do calf raises now... I have EXCELLENT flexibility in that foot.... I've given up the knee scooter (again!) The only evidence of my injury (well besides the scar) is the need for moderation (I can walk through all of Wal-Mart,  but then I need to rest a bit) and end-of-the-day swelling (which the doctor says could take a year to go away).

It's been 7 months 4 days since I ruptured my Achilles.  So just like he told me in the beginning, it takes 6 months to a year to fully heal this type of injury.

One lil wrinkle, my big toe had really been bothering me for several months.  Apparently I developed a pretty badly ingrown toenail through this saga. So he removed most of my toenail to help that situation heal.



I'm pretty much through my journey now.  But I'll still try to post a few more blogs until I get to the one-year mark. My doctor said he actually read my blog AND shared it with a patient.... so I figure I better finish what I started cuz at least two people are using this info.

No comments:

Post a Comment