Purpose

The reason for this blog

Many times this summer as I've traveled down the path of my Achilles journey, I've taken to the internet to find firsthand accounts...

Saturday, September 30, 2017

Day 139: Balance

I'm slowly getting a feel for how much I'm able to do without overdoing it. Last night I stayed home from seeing Sabryna cheer 


(GUTTED me! I had to miss CHEER!) because I knew the walk through a football stadium would be way too much. #tears

In general,  I can walk all around my house.... I can do most of my regular activities.....  But stores,  festivals, stadiums... too much for now. 

My doctor KEEPS reminding me that even professional athletes going to therapy 3x a day need 9 to 12 months to fully recover from a full rupture of the Achilles tendon. Bless his heart! He just still doesn't know me well enough to know that doesn't help! I wanna be wholly healed NOW! #sigh 

So right now I'm focusing on a butt ton of Pilates, balance exercises, and stretching. I'm not even allowing myself to THINK about cardio for the foreseeable future.  I am only going to travel through this rehab ONCE. Lord willing (and Jami's stubbornness succeeding) I'll NEVER do this again!

No comments:

Post a Comment