Purpose

The reason for this blog

Many times this summer as I've traveled down the path of my Achilles journey, I've taken to the internet to find firsthand accounts...

Sunday, September 17, 2017

Day 126: Stepping in poo

Yesterday was trick-or-treat at the campground.  The VERY first thing that happened was I stepped in a pile of poo with my Bledsoe Achilles boot. It was such a perfect metaphor of my life.  Whenever possible, I seem to step in a huge pile of poo, both literally and figuratively.

Because I'm in the midst of this flare up/setback and because the campground bans golf carts at trick-or-treat due to irresponsible drinkers, I was sentenced to man the candy bowl at the campsite. Even that, sitting at the campsite handing out candy, was strenuous for this bum foot. I spent the drive home lying on the floor of the minivan with my feet up on the back seat in search of some relief.

Lying on the floor of the minivan

Elevation at its finest

At least the view was good

By the time I got home and unwrapped my foot I could tell the swelling was noticeably better.  The pain is a little better too, but I am remaining committed to my rest-this-Achilles-TOTALLY-until-my-doctor-appointment course of action.  So... the boot stays on today. Praying this does some more good...

No comments:

Post a Comment