Purpose

The reason for this blog

Many times this summer as I've traveled down the path of my Achilles journey, I've taken to the internet to find firsthand accounts...

Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Day 135: Stick Shift , Baby!

So today was another momentous day in my recovery. It started with thinking I was LITERALLY going to die and ended with a stroll past a nice sized milestone. But let me get back to the beginning.

I had a dental appointment today. Because John had the minivan,  Noah drove me in the Honda. Let's just say that Noah's driving style (Too Fast Too Furious) doesn't mesh well with my passengering style (TERRIFIED! IMMA DIE! SAVE ME JESUS!) The dental assistant told me that if my blood pressure were just a lil bit higher they wouldn't have been able to do my cleaning. #truestory

After my appointment as I walked toward my impending death,  I remembered that Frank (my physical therapist) had said I should be able to drive stick by now. My fear drove me to LEAP to save my life, and guess what???? I can operate a clutch with my bad foot!  WAHOO!


No comments:

Post a Comment