Purpose

The reason for this blog

Many times this summer as I've traveled down the path of my Achilles journey, I've taken to the internet to find firsthand accounts...

Saturday, October 7, 2017

Day 146: Three parties

Well.... we had THREE parties to attend. I promise you we are NOT that popular. It just so happened that it was a popular party day.

I had been nervous about this day ever since we received our third party invitation.  How would I manage to NOT overdo with that much partying? Would I be able to elevate? Would I set myself back again? Mostly, how would I live 8 entire hours without my beloved packages of frozen vegetables... (it's what the cool kids use for ice packs... actually maybe it's what the cheapskates use... either way.)

Well I'm happy to report I made it through all three parties (and an unplanned trip to Wal-Mart to replace the flowers I bought too early.... yes Cori, you were right) and am not even that worse for the wear.


My swelling is a little worse than it normally is in the a.m.,  and my foot is aching a little. I'm also pretty stiff when I walk, BUT I'm very hopeful that a day of taking it easy will get me right back on track.

You may be asking yourself... "Well how did she do all that partying without totally overdoing?" It's a four part answer:

1. Humility... Most importantly I slayed my pride. I let John drop me off... I used the electric scooter cart at Walmart... I accepted an arm to help me hobble.

2. Elevation.... I put my foot up whenever I could. When my foot gave me the throbbing "you're going to be sorry" signal,  up it went!

3. Ice... The very SECOND I got home I was on ice. In fact we stopped home before our final party of the day, and I iced then too.

4. Rest... I'm taking it EASY today.  Hannah woke up sick (prolly just too much party food) so we're staying home from church too which will give me even more time to recover.

Baby steps... I'm getting better (and wiser) every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment