Purpose

The reason for this blog

Many times this summer as I've traveled down the path of my Achilles journey, I've taken to the internet to find firsthand accounts...

Monday, August 21, 2017

Day 99: Walking again


I'm walking! On two Skechers-clad feet! It feels awkward. I walk SLOWLY and gingerly. My calf muscle is pretty tight so it doesn't like passing that 90-degree position. But walking doesn't hurt!

My biggest worry is my stupid bone-on-bone arthritis in the knee of what is supposed to be my "good" leg. That is a bigger hindrance to my walking than my Achilles is.

Making sure to ice and elevate frequently, I started out with the 1 hour in the morning and 1 hour in the afternoon weaning out of the boot plan as instructed. Initially I used crutches, but by dinner I was confident enough to give it a go without them.

Day 1 of walking = SUCCESS!

No comments:

Post a Comment